Saturday, August 29, 2009

Heart Damage?


I'm feeling frustrated with the cardiologists review of my tests. I felt like I walked out of there with the usual non-answers. He said the heart was not pumping enough blood as well as it could be and that my heart rate was fast because of that.

I tried to combine that with what we knew from the previous tests, my symptoms, and my previous treatment but he acted as if they were exclusive and would not answer why the heart was like this, what it meant, how or if this would progress and what we would do about it. Sounds like every other doctor I speak too.

I'm so tired of giving the doctor my symptoms, having them pacify or play down what it could be, until it is that and then never acknowledging that the symptoms where there all along. I looked up heart not pumping blood which leads to congestive heart failure (CHF), which he mentioned casually, but I have no doubt he specifically did not use this term because of how scary it sounds.

Looking up CHF is awful, I have lots of the symptoms (mild as they are right now) and there is no treatment. The worst part is I’m not even done cancer treatment; I still have so many heart/ lung damaging drugs yet to take.

No comments: