Sunday, December 06, 2009

Big Fat Hairy Lie

DHAP will not make your hair fall out. “LIAR LIAR my hair is jump’n scalp like its on fire!”

Everyone (doctors, nurses, websites) told me that DHAP would not make my hair fall out. There is a list of unusual side effects that say your hair may “thin”; they need to replace that word with flee, run away, escape, take flight, leave, depart, quit, make tracks…. ‘head’ off, ‘head’ out… I'm sure you get it.

About two weeks after chemo I made a hair appointment because I actually felt like my hair was getting too long. Sixty-five dollars later I went home to show off my new do later that evening and ran my hand through my bangs and the hair came with it!

Since then it’s come out every day in clumps. My bathroom looks like I have been shaving a baboon, the cat and I have switched rolls in that he is now covered in Tam hair and needs to lint roller his ass every time he stands up, and I look like I’ve let a four year old cut chunks out of my hair with craft scissors.

I don’t know what I'm going to do? Will it stop, will it all fall out, should I shave it, should I cut it???

No comments: