Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Revenge of the ChemoBrain - Part Duex


I came home today to find my Mum opening a package; a gift from my Aunt. I said “that’s nice, why did she get you a gift?” I just burst into tears when she said it was her birthday tomorrow. I was so upset, embarrassed and angry. Not only had I forgotten her birthday, I couldn't even remember when it was even when I tried to think about it. The information was just gone, it was as if I never had it.

I'm forgetting very basic fundamental pieces of information all the time now. It’s very scary.

Two days ago I drove to the bank to pay my monthly line of credit and forgot my pin number. I tried everything I could think of, which only managed to shut down my card. Yesterday I had to go into the bank and explain why I couldn’t remember my own pin to get it reset. On the way home I couldn’t remember how old I was, and had to seriously think about whether I was 28 or 29.

1 comment:

Dr. Swill said...

Hello Tam!

I wanted to let you know about an interesting cancer blog a group of cancer patients have been working on.

A fellow tongue cancer patient was sent home to die. There was nothing more that can be done. Cancer survivors ask him life altering questions.

Please read: http://beyondtheglassdoor.blogspot.com

Peace B