Monday, October 12, 2009

Costly Opinions

Mum and I drove to Toronto for a second opinion on my proposed treatment outline here in Ottawa. The drive up was fun in that I got the special edition CD of Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band to sing along to for the drive.

The Princess Margret Cancer center was pretty swanky, but packed full of people which always makes me sad that so many are afflicted with cancer. The doctors that I saw were like the designer guys and they had pretty much the same thing to say as the doctors here, but with way more style and flair!

One thing they did mention was that my CAT scan from Aug 25th is now out of date and I really should have a new one to get a current picture of where my disease is at before I start my treatment. I'm not big on extra radiation, so we shall see what the doctors here have to say about that.

Driving home the following day it was a perfect Fall day so we took the old hwy through all the country and stopped in one town for a massive Fall Fair. We both love Fall, fairs and the smell of barn animals (ha!) so it was to be the highlight of our trip. Sadly the hwy patrol officer that caught Mum doing 55 over the speed limit (and failure to show insurance) kinda soured the day and trip budget.

No comments: