Friday, November 13, 2009

Chemo Day1: 8hrs of “platinum”... but I'm worth it!

I took a wonder drug called Emend just before treatment started. It is the latest anti-nauseous drug out on the market. It cost me $130. for 3 pills (3 days). It was supposed to be covered but "surprise surprise", someone at the hospital didn’t put in my application soon enough, along with my Nepogen and so I had to pay for the Emend. It was worth every penny though!!! (but I'm working on getting those pennies back)

The chemo made me very hyper and I had trouble sticking to any one task (reading, movies, email) so I mostly socialized. Later in the day my legs felt like they were going numb, as if I had rubber bands tied at the top of my legs. There was nothing wrong with my legs and they looked just fine, but the sensation was really messing with my head and I kept getting up to shake them out. By the end of the day the sensation was making me a little crazy and I jogged on the spot for about an hour straight that evening at home watching TV.

No comments: