Saturday, November 14, 2009

Chemo Day2: 3hrs of something toxic in the morning, break for 5hrs then come back for 2hrs of something toxic that evening.

I slept for the morning chemo because it was an early start and then lay around the house for the afternoon until part two at 5 pm. I was tired, but not nauseous yet; I did have the metal taste in my mouth though. I don’t really remember part two except that I was starting to feel nauseas by the end of the day and asked for a Stemetil injection to be proactive; not a good idea!
I forgot that Stemetil is the anti-nausea drug that makes me feel strung out and twitchy like a junkie. It’s worse than being nauseous, because I shake, twitch and feel the need to pace the room like a character from TrainSpotting waiting for the dealer to arrive. It’s a miserable existence that you can only ride out once it’s in you.

No comments: